DEHYDRATED CARROT CAKE MACAROONS
I have to admit that I got the base for the recipe from the www.huntharvesthealth.com website. I believe they got the recipe from a friend. If you have ever eaten a Heather's Choice packaroon you will love these! I have made that recipe several times and have added all kinds of ingredients. One of my favorites besides the carrot cake is pecans, cocoa nibs, and unsweetened dried cherries.
I have always loved carrot cake and packaroons so I figured why not combine the two!
SO HERE IS THE RECIPE!
- It makes approximately 10 to 12 macaroons (I usually at a minimum quadruple the recipe to fill my dehydrator trays up)
- Dehydrate at 140 degrees Fahrenheit for 12 hours(depending on size it could take more or less time)
I mix all to the dry ingredients together first and then add the pre-mixed wet ingredients.
It is also a good idea to steam the grated carrots for a few minutes. I steam them in the microwave for 3 minutes, drain them and then throw the raisins in with the carrots to let them slightly rehydrate, while getting all of the other ingredients ready to mix. (It is important to cook the carrot and bring moisture into it as well as the raisins)
- 1-1/2 cups unsweetened coconut (finely shredded works best)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 med carrots (grated )
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup walnuts (finely chopped)
- 1-1/2 tsp cinnamon (adjust according to your tastes)
- 1 -1/4 tsp nutmeg (adjust according to your tastes)
- 1 tablespoons of honey
- 1/8 tsp of kosher salt
After combining all of the ingredients make the macaroons the size you want and place onto your dehydrator trays. depending on the size of holes in your dehydrator trays it helps to use silicone mats or line the trays with parchment paper.